Leader in Safety, Effectiveness and Durability
Silver has been known to serve as an antimicrobial additive for many decades. We have now advanced this technology by designing silver particles with maximum antimicrobial effect. This work consequently leads to nanomaterials that meet the medical world's high demand on safety, effectiveness and durability.
How does it work?
3 different modes of action:
- Decrease of microbial attachment - less colonies, poor growth conditions
- Blockage of microbial cell metabolism - reduces the vitality of microbes
- Irreversible interaction with sulfur containing amino acids - destroys proteins and DNA/RNA
Kinetic of AgPURE™ Antimicrobials
- Tests have shown that the growth of adhering bacteria is completely inhibited within seconds. Fast inhibition of bacterial growth is essential in applications like PROTECTIVE CLOTHING.
- Controlled Release - Nanosilver continuously releases Ag+ ions. Bodily fluids contain high electrolyte concentrations. Nanosilver establishes stable levels of ion concentration, which remains constant over a long period of time, without a decrease in antimicrobial activity.
- AgPURE™ products are free of any fillers - The silver nanoparticles can be integrated homogenously into all substrates.
- Processable at high temperatures - The stability of AgPURE™ nanoparticles is excellent even at temperatures above 300°C. AgPURE™ is a recommended antimicrobial in microfiber production.
- Safety - AgPURE™ Antimicrobials are nontoxic.
Research has been performed for as long as the antimicrobial effect of silver has been known. Therefore, silver is the most studied antimicrobial additive that we have. Its potential has been optimised in many ways for a multitude of specific applications. Now it is possible to give your product the antimicrobial function of silver with AgPURE™.